sabato 27 giugno 2009

Summer in London

Every day I am complaining about something or other.
For example, today I saw an advert about the "wonders" of the UK summer...... What UK summer? Where the heck did the moron who came up with this advert live when he was refering to the wonders of the UK summer? Was he living in Florida, Bermuda, Australia, Japan or practically anywhere barring Antarctica (which I heard does have some sun), the Arctic or the UK?
Ok so maybe the current London weather is going against my rant, but seriously, 5 days of sun arent a summer. Though I will pass my final judgement come October when summer officially ends.
Summer in London, if and when summer arrives, is a strange beast. FOr most of my life living in the UK I generally buggered off by June to better climes, however as I am working here now, that option has been reduced to a few weeks in August. Not thrilling compared to the three or four months I used to go back home for in the past, but its still better than nothing.
So I am getting used to this summer feeling. Its the second summer I am here, and I hate it. I absolutely hate it. With absolute devotion and passion, I have a hatred for London summer. Where the heck is the beach to cool off at? Sure I could go to Brighton, but the water is friggin cold and its still a 2 hour drive down. Pulic swimming pools? You must be joking.....
SO what is there to do on a nice hot summers day in the Capital? Not much. Sure you could wonder around the centre, but for people living here its not such a thrill anymore. You could walk in a park. But why bother. There is literally nowhere to actually enjoy a nice hot day!
Thats why I prefer the London Autumn and Winter. In addition to the fact that I can actually dress properly in those seasons as I wont get too warm or too cold as its just plain ass cold, it actually also doesnt dissapoint, with constant cold like a winter should be (not like summer here, where it could snow in August). Anyway there lots of stuff to do in the winter in London. But more of that in 4 or 5 months....

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento